The VP of Food Safety and Quality is responsible for overseeing and leading the development
and implementation of food safety and regulatory compliance programs within the company for
both domestic and international business. This includes ensuring compliance with food safety
regulations and requirements at Federal, State, and local levels, as well as implementing food
safety best practices across all aspects of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following and other duties as assigned:
1) Understanding all relevant regulatory requirements concerning food safety & Quality,
product labeling and production processing procedures. This includes requirements by
local, state, and federal government bodies and regulatory agencies, both domestic and
2) Oversee all plants HACCP, pre-requisite quality programs and FSQA related programs to
meet internal, regulatory and customer requirements, continuously improving existing
food safety and quality programs
3) Develop and implement a comprehensive food safety and regulatory compliance program
within the organization for domestic and international businesses, to ensure compliance
with all relevant food safety and labeling regulations and requirements.
4) Interface with all regulatory agencies, certification bodies and customers to insure
5) Lead Food Safety and Labeling compliance development at all stages of new product
6) Manage ingredient/packaging change control to ensure compliance to product labeling
and conformance to customer’s specifications.
7) Develop and implement guidelines and procedures for food safety & quality control,
product labeling compliance, product specification conformance for internal needs and
8) Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure food safety at all stages of the
product lifecycle, from sourcing to distribution.
9) Manage relationships with regulatory agencies and ensure prompt identification and
resolution of regulatory issues.
10) Lead the creation and implementation of training programs for employees on food safety
and regulatory compliance.
11) Drive continuous improvement in food safety and compliance performance through data,
analytics and other tools.
12) Identify and evaluate emerging food safety and regulatory compliance risks and develop
appropriate mitigation strategies.
13)Conducting internal audits to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s regulatory and
14) Lead product regulatory compliance activities including but not limited to label analysis,
import permit application, for imported products to ensure compliance to US local, state
and federal regulation.
15)Collaborate with foreign importers/ customer for product export analysis to ensure
products comply with food regulations required by the importing country, this include but
not limited to product formula, labeling and micro testing requirements.
16) Lead product specification and process compliance based on B2B customer requirements.
17) Lead and develop program to comply with customer and 3rd party audit including GFSI
level, HACCP and specialty claims.
18)Represent the organization in industry associations and regulatory forums.
19) Maintaining high-quality production standards, to ensure that products meet regulatory
requirements, the VP of food safety and regulatory must create production standards and
develop methodologies to enforce those standards.
20) Developing and implementing quality control procedures, that are designed to detect any
non-conformances and address them in a timely manner.
21) Drive KPI for continuous improvement
22) Lead the Recall team in emergency situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in food science, food safety, food microbiology, or a related field,
required: advanced degree preferred. Typically have 12-15 years related work experience,
food production experience is required.
• Thorough knowledge of HACCP, GMP & SOPs, FDA, USDA, SQF and other regulatory
requirements related to Food Safety and labeling within the food manufacturing industry.
• Experience in the regulatory requirements of import/export of food products for countries
outside the US.
• Strong communication skills, as the VP will need to communicate effectively with
internal teams, external compliance agencies, and customers.
• Certification in HACCP and/or other food safety certifications may be preferred, e.g.,
• Significant experience and success developing relationships with customers which has
led to growth and ability to resolve issues to mutual satisfaction.
• Experienced in handling regulatory audits.
• Leadership skills, focused on results, employee engagement, decision making, teamwork,
multitasking and setting priorities within Quality Assurance
• Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at a time.
To apply for this job please visit rhiredstaffing.com.