DIRECT HIRE POSITION!!!
Department Research and Development
Job Title R&D Food Technologist
- Product Development Project Coordinator
- Organize, communicate & coordinate information and activities to facilitate accurate and efficient product development and technology transfer.
- Product Development – Technical Support and Analysis
- Develop new products and improve existing products to meet the needs of the customers and reduce variability while ensuring reproducibility.
- Communicate with suppliers to source new ingredients and compile information to ensure compliance with customer and food safety and quality requirements.
- Understand ingredient functionality and be able to formulate new products based on that knowledge.
- Provide technical support to sales and customers, such as, respond to customer’s inquiries and generate preliminary product technical data sheets.
- Conduct pilot plant testing, evaluation troubleshooting, cost reduction feasibility to assure continued cost, quality and marketplace competitiveness.
- Co-pack / Contract Manufacturing
- Collaborate with Operations to convert/adapt customer formulation processes to Overhill production capabilities.
- Analyze and organize customer’s ingredients, formulations, and processing information to facilitate efficient and accurate technology transfer.
- R&D Process Improvement
- Assess product development process and develop/recommend tools to improve product development efficiency and accuracy.
- Understand and highlight the cause and effect of product/ingredient/process changes and identify effective solutions.
- Evaluate and propose alternate ingredients that may be used in existing products which can lead to better process or cost savings.
- Knowledge of USDA and FDA claims as to facilitate product development and ingredient restrictions.
- Familiarity with Genesis R&D® software
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or food-related science (food engineering, chemistry, and nutrition)
3-5 years related experience in food manufacturing environment, frozen food preferred.
Work experience should span from laboratory to manufacturing environment.
Great Benefits / Medical / Vacation / Paid Holidays
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rhiredstaffing.com/employees/apply-online/ →