Seeking Director of Purchasing will be to create results and improve the performance of SKU optimization, DIOH, negotiated savings, and optimized procurement strategies on market-driven commodities (protein, cheese, dairy, oil, ingredients, materials, and packaging, etc.)
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Leads negotiation with suppliers and vendors to secure favorable cost reduction and advantageous terms.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with all vendor and suppliers.
- Develops procurement staff in (and across) sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
- Negotiate business terms within contracts that support company strategy.
- Coordinate the design of contract verbiage with other internal departments including Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing. Review contracts and bids for terms and conditions, accuracy, scope of work, performance requirements and contractual compliance.
- Maintain current contracts by monitoring and service change.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive those initiatives forward.
- Lead the RFP process to deliver value, capturing the business needs, formulating a sourcing strategy, identifying, and soliciting bids from vendors, performing analysis, negotiation, and final award of business.
- Manage the Sourcing process for new and innovative materials for R&D.
- Support new product rollouts by ensuring that all new materials are in place for production, planning initial inventories and replenishment strategy.
- Support Quality Assurance department by assisting in the resolution of quality issues.
- Keep abreast of significant trends and changes in suppliers, commodities, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or enhance product margins.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain management., MBA & Professional Certification (CPM, CSPM) are a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience including all phases of strategic sourcing and category strategies, supplier relationships management and project management in the frozen food industry.
- Strong purchasing functional expertise, including experience in ERP purchasing systems.
- Experience in executing a purchasing strategy that has drastically improved gross margins.
- Experience in starting up new production lines and/or manufacturing locations.
- Excellent presentation skills including advanced PowerPoint or google slide skills.
- Strong computer skills, ideally experience with MS Office, Outlook, and Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP purchasing and requirements planning
- Working knowledge of FSMA, SQF, USDA, FDA and GMP requirements
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rhiredstaffing.com/services/clerical-upper-management/ →